Wednesday 21 November 2012

Critique

The picture below I took in my 4th blog, In Depth &Perspective . I felt this pictutre needed some work, that's why I chose to critique this specific photo.


Subject: I would rate this photo a 2/4 because the subject isn't very clear or visible. Even though you can see her, she doesn't stand out of the rest of the image.

Background: The background deserves a 2/4 because it overpowers my subject. There's too much stuff going on in the background. It doesn't draw all your attention to the girl in the front.

Exposure: This photo is overexposed in some areas and in others underexposed. That's why I give this photo a 2.5/4. The only good source of light is in the upper right hand corner the rest of the picture is dark. It makes the subject dark and unnoticeable.

Focus: The subject in this picture is not in sharp focus and because of that she doesn't stand out. This photo is rated a 3/4. The background should be blurred out to make the subject stand out.

Fill The Frame: The frame is not filled. The subject is too far away and not large and visible. I could of cropped the image so the frame would of been filled. Since I didn't i rate this photo a 1.5/4.

Level: The horizon in this photo is perfectly level but the highway in the back isn't. This photo ranks 3.5/4 for being level.

No comments:

Post a Comment